A Message to our little seedlings:

A Message to our little seedlings:

As your parents our job is to love you, protect you, teach you, and nurture you into Godly men and women empowered with the tools to be and do whatever is God's calling on your life and to do so in a loving, prayerful, and praise-full way! Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you is not merely a suggestion it is the Biblical foundation from which you should derive your behavior now and always. As you grow, please read the Bible for yourselves, God will give you great insight to the teachings that we strive so hard to instill inside each one of you daily. Remember, you are wonderfully and fearfully made and we love you!

Love,
Your Parents

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

wayward thinking

God can use anything; even blogging and Facebook to enlighten wayward thinking...


Well, it is for me anyway. My day stared normal. Up, coffee, rush around, now relax for bit a do my classwork while the babies play. But the ultimate distraction comes in... Facebook! Grrr! Why do I have it? AND it's on my laptop, my phone, and my tablet. So, I look... but it doesn't end there. I see my blogs that I subscribe to and think to myself, "I just can't keep up with the demands of blogging or I'd do it more often." Either I am schizo or the Holy Spirit whispers something to me at this point that makes me stop in the middle of the baby gate with my coffee. What demands? My droves of fans awaiting my daily reports? Hmmmm.... I wanted to blog just to do it, so why does it matter how often? Because I see other people doing it better, at least better on my terms. But it's not my terms that matter, it's God's. I blog to share life experiences and since life experiences take up so much of my time, it seems as though I am destined to be a casual blogger. Anyone that reads this already knows it's true and that's okay with me. I hope when I do post something that God can use it to bless someone. Maybe someone who just needs to hear and see that they are not the only ones going through this thing called life. We were never meant to do it alone, we were given each other for love and support. To infinity, and blog on! :) 

Now, I sat here scrolling though the posts. I see people sharing pictures, stories, prayer requests, scripture, and words of encouragement... I wish I could block almost everything else because then there are the twisted versions of news stories, viral pics and videos of horrible things that make you wish you hadn't clicked on them, and more. I don't know have the answers as to what to do about them, I just know they are there and they are the reason for blogging today; at least, indirectly. 

Today, there were pics of the President with a book making claims about his faith, reading choices, and then drawing conclusions about his intentions in the presidency from it. I rolled my eyes.  I guess we don't have anything better to do, right? 

Boston's tragedy during the marathon, No wait..... it's not just their tragedy, it ours!  But it's blown up and people are sharing posts with twisted versions of the events, drawing conclusions about terrorist attacks, and then government conspiracies ... then the pics of Sandy Hook started rolling in.... claims that it didn't really happen and that this is all Obama's plot to disarm the country and make us slaves to his personal ideas. 

REALLY?!?!?? 

Do you know what my initial reaction to the breaking news about the bombs going off during the marathon? It was a simple desperate prayer. Dear Jesus, PLEASE comfort the lives that are affected by this horrific event. Guide the authorities in finding out who is responsible for it. 

It's easy to start demanding that Jesus return and take this all away, but we are here and there are people here with us that need Jesus. So I pray for the ability to see things clearly for what they are, to not be clouded by the news media or social media, and to be empowered with the knowledge and compassion to reach this world for Jesus!! We are subject to this world that we live in, we can't change it, but we can and are called to be light in the darkness. That, through us- the body of Christ, Jesus can reach everyone! We are the hands, feet, arms, voices, and hearts of God.... the very tools necessary to do the job. 

We are called to be courageous! To stand out from the crowd. Don't fall for these pictures and conspiracies. Share things responsibly, so that we don't find ourselves guilty of gossip. Don't hate or blame our President or government, instead ..... Pray for our country's leaders!  They have no power that God did not give them, so pray for their guidance.  Jesus told Pilate, " You would have no power over me at all unless it were given to you from above." John 19:11 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment