A Message to our little seedlings:

A Message to our little seedlings:

As your parents our job is to love you, protect you, teach you, and nurture you into Godly men and women empowered with the tools to be and do whatever is God's calling on your life and to do so in a loving, prayerful, and praise-full way! Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you is not merely a suggestion it is the Biblical foundation from which you should derive your behavior now and always. As you grow, please read the Bible for yourselves, God will give you great insight to the teachings that we strive so hard to instill inside each one of you daily. Remember, you are wonderfully and fearfully made and we love you!

Love,
Your Parents

Friday, February 12, 2016



There are days when I think she loves homeschooling more than I do and those days, like today, make my heart happy. She drove everything today. She wanted to start with Bible Study. Easy Peasy had her in Matthew. She read and asked to start her copywork immediately! I expected the fun to dissipate quickly since we do not usually do full days on Fridays (as I'm usually being with preparation day work). However, she went from Bible to writing and then seamlessly on to Life of Fred Math! Charly had been given instructions to go play in his room. He wasn't quite satisfied with that, so I told him to build me a Lego car. He did a great job. 

Next, she had determined in her heart to build the weather station by herself. So I let her. You can tell she felt accomplished. I felt as though we were finished today, but she keeps telling me that I have to listen to her read the next chapter in the Boxcar Children book we are reading; Book two: Surprise Island. 

I'm telling you, that I never really imagined, not even in my wildest dreams (and I really used to dream about being brave enough to homeschool our children) that it would be like this. That we would love it SO completely and that the kids would love planning out their day! If you've ever considered it for any reason whatsoever, I encourage you to not listen to that little voice that tells you that you cannot do it; because with God anything is possible and, I assure you, that you most certainly can homeschool your children!!!!! 



Bible reading!

Cassie starting her copywork.


Charly was instructed to build a Lego car and, boy, did he deliver! 




Completed copywork. She's proud of this one.


Trying a reading nook! She ran and jumped in to read her Life of Fred chapter. 


Then, she ran to the table and grabbed her pencil and notebook to work on the end of the chapter questions. Since, this chapter talks about February being Snack Food month, I let her have her choice of a snack food while she worked. 


Then, she was ready for Science and asked to build the weather station.


And she built it! 


The weather station.

No comments:

Post a Comment