A Message to our little seedlings:

A Message to our little seedlings:

As your parents our job is to love you, protect you, teach you, and nurture you into Godly men and women empowered with the tools to be and do whatever is God's calling on your life and to do so in a loving, prayerful, and praise-full way! Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you is not merely a suggestion it is the Biblical foundation from which you should derive your behavior now and always. As you grow, please read the Bible for yourselves, God will give you great insight to the teachings that we strive so hard to instill inside each one of you daily. Remember, you are wonderfully and fearfully made and we love you!

Love,
Your Parents

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Cassie (and Daddy) firsts.... a sleepover! 


THIS .... IS..... EPIC! We went to Mimi & Papas to spend some time with them this evening. Charly and Cassie ran around SO happy. They always have such a great time. Me, too, because we get to chat about this, that , and the other or show each other the latest discoveries on our tablets while they giggle and squeal with each other and Honey boo-boo (their puppy- a Yorki-Pom)! 

We were gathering items,... well I was gathering items, so we could get ready to go. When it happened... Cassie crossed her arms and said, "No, I am not going wif you Mama. I'm going to sleep over wif my Mimi!" 

The world stopped. 
You.... What? Who are you and what have you done with my Cassie-frass? You know, the one who wants to stay with us always, no matter what, else you think you will surely die. 

Well, apparently, our little leech is growing up and taking a shot at making her own decisions, but I'm not sure Daddy was ready for this. In fact, I was a little more than hesitant to call and tell him she wasn't coming home with us. It went something like this:

Me: "Hey Sweetie,  we are on the way home." 
D: "Allright. I'll see you guys in a minute."
Me: "Well, ummmm..... that is to say Charly and I are on the way home. Cassie demanded to spend the night." ( I kinda shuttered awaiting a response)
D: "Really?! She wanted to stay? Well, okay I guess so."
Me: (Completely shocked he didn't demand I go back for her) She cried because she thought I was going to make her come home with me... she said, "No Mama, I don't want to go home with you. I want to sleep wif my Mimi!" I took a video of her saying goodnight to you. 
D: "Well I guess she is growing up... we'll see if she really stays."

Back at home, I show him one of the cutest videos EVER! The house is eerily quiet and for the first time, Charly is the only child in the house. It feels weird.  

I called to check on her and she wouldn't come to the phone. She yelled, " I love you Mama, I love you Daddy, I love you Charly! BYEEE See you tomorrow " When Mimi asked did she want to talk to us, she said, "No! I don't want Mama to come get me!" 

I'm so proud of her for making such an epic decision and sticking with it. David said he's not sure he's ready, but if she is then he supposes he can get through it. 

I've got her church clothes ready for in the morning, so we can swing by and get her on the way to Sunday School. She was excited about that, too. She told Mimi, "Jesus calms the storm, Mimi."

So, when we wake up in the middle of the night and are still in the half-sleep stupor and freak out that she's not here,... we'll have to remind ourselves that Jesus calms the storm and she just over at Mimi and Papas house about 30 seconds away. 




No comments:

Post a Comment