A Message to our little seedlings:

A Message to our little seedlings:

As your parents our job is to love you, protect you, teach you, and nurture you into Godly men and women empowered with the tools to be and do whatever is God's calling on your life and to do so in a loving, prayerful, and praise-full way! Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you is not merely a suggestion it is the Biblical foundation from which you should derive your behavior now and always. As you grow, please read the Bible for yourselves, God will give you great insight to the teachings that we strive so hard to instill inside each one of you daily. Remember, you are wonderfully and fearfully made and we love you!

Love,
Your Parents

Monday, February 25, 2013

"Crazy Sundays and Lazy Mondays"

I work Sunday night, so, at this house, Monday's are lazy. I enjoy lying on the couch or one of the beds with the kids and watching videos, listening to music, reading books, and snuggling until nap time. Then at 1030 or 11 we enjoy a great snooze! Although working nights has it's challenges, I love the flexibility it provides our family. 

Yesterday, we went back to Calvary Baptist. It was difficult getting all three kids up and out the door on time and, this time, we had a lofty goal of making Sunday School. What was I thinking? Poor David had pink eye and was really down, so we left him in a quiet house to rest and infect the rest of the bedding. LOL (A little wife humor never hurt anyone)  Even though we have tried really hard to become part of a local church, we are not happy at any of them; even David. I told him years ago that we have to love it as a family. We have to all feel part of the church and like we belong there; otherwise, we can worship at home because I'm not having our choice of a church relationship drive up stakes of arguments from unhappiness. That defeats the purpose  But, then there's Calvary. We love it there and it's completely worth the drive to attend. We nearly made it to Sunday School on time, but at least we tried. Plus, the kids got introduced to their teachers. 

If you grew up in church, then I know you remember that feeling when you walked in the doors. It felt like home and it didn't matter how long you were gone, when you came back, it still felt like you'd never left and that you were home. Calvary feels that way and even though we've been gone for months, when we walked in... it felt that way again! We were flooded with, "Where have you been," "how is everyone? We heard the little ones have been so sick this year? Are you doing Calvary's Got Talent again this year?" and this was all in the first few minutes we were in the lobby outside the sanctuary! *sigh*  

Service was great and worship service was stellar! I've been singing Chris Tomlin's worship song "Whom Shall I Fear" since we left the building. It's crazy how God leads you where he wants you even when you are busy taking all the side roads on the map looking for it somewhere else. God has the master plan and, trust me, there are times I can't decide if it's God leading me to do something or if it's the Devil driving me away from God... either way, as a human being, it usually takes a while before I catch on either way. 

I thank God daily for my wonderful, supportive, loving, Christian parents they are generous, patient, and full of wisdom that I neglected to take advantage of when I was younger. After David and I talk, the next place is Mom. Sometimes, just a quick outside influence's opinion is enough to shed the light you are seeking. I am blessed in so many ways! 

Thankful for the life You've given me God including the Crazy Sundays and Lazy Mondays! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment