A Message to our little seedlings:

A Message to our little seedlings:

As your parents our job is to love you, protect you, teach you, and nurture you into Godly men and women empowered with the tools to be and do whatever is God's calling on your life and to do so in a loving, prayerful, and praise-full way! Doing unto others as you would have them do unto you is not merely a suggestion it is the Biblical foundation from which you should derive your behavior now and always. As you grow, please read the Bible for yourselves, God will give you great insight to the teachings that we strive so hard to instill inside each one of you daily. Remember, you are wonderfully and fearfully made and we love you!

Love,
Your Parents

Tuesday, February 19, 2013


"Tipping the Scales"

Is it just me or is their something in the air? I woke up today and breathed in wet, stormy, sunshiny morning air and I was flooded with peace and happiness. I firmly believe it's the fruit of studying God's word and letting it take root in my heart. Through study, my eyes have been opened to some deceptively destructive behaviors; meaning that, the things I tend to do as a woman are just an excuse for not really taking a moment to appreciate how I affect those I love. Well, they are just an excuse now that I am aware of it and I intend to nurture that awareness to produce a better wife, mother, daughter, friend, and co-worker in myself.

 It seems I'd fallen into a little trap over the last weeks. Our lives have been stressful with work, school, illness, and more illness. In fact, our house has been sick for most of 2013. I read that it's not life's circumstances, but how you react that decides how it affects you.  I really thought I was in the right, but that's how the devil works, guys. He whispers absolute insanity into your ears, but makes you believe it! He has that power because it's given to him when you even allow him to whisper to you.

      For example: If you said to me "Hey tell your husband he's mean to you all the time." I'd tell you to take yourself somewhere and have a heart to heart with God because I'm not sure what your problem is, but it needs attention. However, when my husband and I are in a little disagreement our opportunistic fiend whispers, "Why is he always so mean about stuff?" and  then out came the words,... poison! It doesn't stop there, then we leave the disagreement bitter and unresolved because no one apologizes... we are both right and therefore it's a stand off.... divided, defeated. 

Us-0 Devil-1  

Then we are doing our own thing and the kids are running like crazy. Happy, beautiful, wonderful noises... stomping, giggling, and squealing, but the seed has been planted so we only hear noise. I yell at the kids," why can't you just be quiet!" They look shocked, sad, misunderstood, hurt, and completely unsure what is going on and why there is a problem... because there isn't a problem with them... it's me.

 Us-0 Devil-2 

The scales are tipped in the wrong direction and I was justified in my feelings because I was stressed out, trying to make changes, working nights, tired all the time, and unappreciated..... but it wasn't really accurate. It's true they might not understand what's going on in my mind, heart, and soul,... but it's beyond ridiculous for me to give way to the devil's whispers that it's their fault in any way, that they deserve some kind of punishment, or to believe that they don't love or appreciate me.  It's like the fear-dar in The League of Incredible Vegetables, he sure knows what I fear the most and he uses it and he does it well. 

As my study opened my eyes, I began to pray for God's help and leading. "Oh, Lord continue to open my eyes and lead me to the anti-venom of this poison in my life. Renew your Spirit in me so that I am prepared to battle that  ludicrous whisper the next time he thinks he has an opportunity. Help me to repair all the weak spots I have caused. You alone can do this! In Jesus name, A-men!"

"If God be for us, then who can be against us. We can win the battle if for God we stand," lyrics from one of my favorite hymns and they are applicable daily! Through studying God's word and making His word what I feed my heart, I am tipping the scales the right way:

Jesus-All / Devil-0









No comments:

Post a Comment